Alpha Epsilon Lambda (AEL) is a national honor society for graduate and professional students which recognizes academic excellence and leadership. The mission of Alpha Epsilon Lambda is to:
- confer distinction for high achievement,
- promote leadership development,
- encourage intellectual development and promote scholarship,
- enrich the intellectual environment of graduate education institutions, and
- encourage high standards of ethical behavior.
The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center received its Charter in 1994. Minimum requirements for graduate student membership in the society include:
- current enrollment in a degree granting program in the Graduate College
- doctoral students at or near completion of all didactic coursework and successful completion of qualifying exams
- master's students who have completed 20 hours toward the degree
- grade point average placing you in the top 35% of master's and doctoral students within each individual college
- record of leadership and service to graduate students, graduate student organizations, and/or community service organizations.
For additional information about AEL, go to their website.