The purpose of the College of Allied Health Student Association is to:
- represent the students of the College as a leadership organization, in regulation and coordination of student governance;
- promote interest in and loyalty to the College;
- conserve and propagate the ideals and traditions of the health professions;
- serve as a platform for cooperation and collaboration among students, faculty and administration; and to
- promote honesty and individual achievement
The Student Association's legislative power is vested in the student elected department representatives. Four students from each department are elected each year to serve as representatives. Alternates are also elected to serve when the elected department representative is absent from Association meetings. Students elect Association officers and representatives to the OUHSC Student Senate each year.
Student governance in the College is an important aspect of student life. With an annual budget derived from student activity fees, the Student Association is engaged in a number of social events, community service activities, and educational programs. Involvement in these activities is a precursor and preparation for lifelong responsibilities associated with all health science professions.